Whether you’re young or old, real estate can be a tricky thing to wrap your head around. For many people who are new to the market, it’s often helpful to explain things in the simplest way possible. I like to educate buyers and sellers in a way that’s incredibly easy to grasp — in fact, it’s so straightforward that even kids can understand it.
With the help of my daughter, today I’ll be explaining the seven steps a Realtor takes when helping someone sell their home:
- The seller calls the Realtor.
- The Realtor does a walk-through of the house. A walk-through means going through the home and checking out its features, upgrades, and condition.
- The Realtor determines the price. They usually do this by seeing what similar homes sold for recently.
- The Realtor lists the home on the multiple listing service (MLS). This online platform is where Realtors post a home so that other Realtors and homebuyers can see it.
- The Realtor shows the property to people who want to buy the house.
- The Realtor negotiates with the buyer and their Realtor to find out what they’re willing to pay for the house.
- The home is sold! However, it still takes about 30 days before the sale is completed.
Although most of these steps can be a lot more in-depth, this is generally how we progress through the home selling process. If you have any questions or would like more information about buying or selling a home, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.