Many potential home sellers make their plans for the springtime, while others hope for a quick summer sale so they can move while the kids are out of school. It’s often assumed that the fall and winter markets are quieter, if not dead altogether. However, there are numerous advantages to listing your home during the holidays, and today I’m highlighting three major ones:
1. Buyers who look for a home during the holidays are more serious. If they’re pre-approved and willing to use their extra time off work to wiggle around busy holiday schedules and look at homes, they mean business. When it comes to the buyers in our end-of-year market, think quality over quantity.
2. Inventory levels are low. Currently, there’s only a one-month supply of homes; fewer options for buyers means more money for you.
3. Job-related relocations are at their peak this time of year. People who recently received a huge promotion or found a great new job in a vibrant area (like Phoenix) are rushing to find a home before their official January start date. Again, these types of buyers are just one segment of an exceptionally motivated buyer pool we see every winter.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during the working week.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
9. By selling now, you may have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
10. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
If you’re thinking about selling soon (perhaps sooner than you’d originally thought in light of this information) and want to know how much your home is worth, I’d love to help you. Just give me a call or send an email anytime! I’m here to serve you. Thank you for all of your support this year, and have a wonderful holiday season!